Tennessee

We just completed a crazy, jam packed week in Nashville, TN. The Lord is rocking our world... quite literally tipping it over on it's side... and overwhelming us with decisions to make. Right now we are begging the Lord for clarity and that we would continue to walk in obedience... no matter what that looks like.

We want to do what the Lord wants us to do. He is perfect... so isn't His purpose perfect as well?

Tyler had an amazing week of writing sessions and meetings with different companies. He completed 3 songs, and is so excited about getting in his studio to record, produce, and put the finishing touches on them. His showcases (get togethers where people from record labels come to hear you play a small show so they can decide if they'd like to sign you or not) went amazingly well. He had 3 total, and one label in particular is very interested. We will most likely hear whether they are offering Tyler a contract in the next couple of weeks. So right now we are just waiting.

Tyler signed a booking agreement with the Greg Oliver Agency while we were there!! TDodds isn't on the website yet, but you can go and look at the family of artists that they book! I am THRILLED about this partnership. I feel so at peace about it. Ty, Aubrey, and I had breakfast with the whole GOA team the other day, and I left with a spring in my step and a song in my heart, because it was just so "right!" I was really nervous to have breakfast with them... because I mean... these are really important people. :) But I felt an amazing sense of community... just a meal with some friends! God knew exactly what Tyler Dodds needed, and (Praise Him) He graciously gave.

Speaking of God knowing exactly what we needed. Tyler's managers Mike and Kyle are just the best! We stayed with Kyle and his precious wife Caron all week and they were just too much fun! Caron was such a kind hostess even though we basically moved into their house for a week... with a newborn. She showed me all of the fun shopping spots in Nashville and helped me with Aubrey while Tyler was busy meetings and writing sessions. We had such easy, good conversation, which was an answered prayer. It's quite intimidating to stay a whole week with someone you don't really know. We couldn't think of anyone else besides Kyle, Caron, and the rest of the Michael Smith and Associates staff that we would rather journey with.

I have so much more to tell... some pictures to post... and one story in particular that I think you'll find pretty hilarious. But that's all for now! I'll leave the silliness for another post. I've been in quite a somber mood today. Please just pray for us!

Love you all like crazy cakes! We'll chat soon!

Comments

Popular Posts