I really should blog more...

What a week we had!! It had it's ups and it's downs that's for sure!

Mema spent the first part of the week with us. It was good to see and to spend some time with her!
She left on Tuesday, and then Tuesday night I took a yummy dinner of Chicken Tetrazinni to Brittany, Evan, and their new beautiful baby girl Londyn! She is a doll, and so tiny! Aubrey was about her size when she was born, but it's amazing how much they change in such a short amount of time!! I loved getting to hold her and to chat with Brittaney and her little boy Jadon for a bit! Jadon is four, and he did a fantastic job letting me know every single detail about his new sister. After that, BFF's Joe and Erin came over for supper. The night was filled with great conversation and yummy food. It was such a joy to hear their hearts for ministry, and for the Lord.

Wednesday night, Tyler led worship at Pursuit, but I stayed home! Aubrey and I needed a normal night... with a normal schedule and routine. It was so great!

Thursday, a couple of our college girls Lisa and Julie came to spend the afternoon with me and Aubrey. It was so fun! Both of those girls have been accepted to the Hillsong school in Australia, and I couldn't be more excited for them. Thursday evening after the girls left, Tyler shared some news with me that was quite difficult to swallow. Lots of tears, lots of frustration, and so many questions. Basically something we were counting on, excited about, and felt so called to, completely fell through. As of today, still none of our questions have been answered... and maybe they never will... but we are trusting the Lord like never before, and pressing on toward what we know He has called us to, and to what He has promised. We want to walk with God like Noah did, we want to believe the Lord like Abraham, and we want to trust that HE IS ABLE like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. It was a hard night.

Friday, after some sleep, we felt a bit better. That afternoon, we dropped Aubrey off at Nonna and Pops' house, and then went on a date! YAY! First, we went to see "The Time Traveler's Wife." It was OK. After seeing the previews, I was almost certain that it was going to be my favorite movie of all time. But then after seeing the actual movie, I was just disappointed. It's cute enough to possibly watch again, but I was wishing that we had gone to see something else. However, it was so sweet of Tyler to take me to see that movie. Clearly... he would have never picked it for himself. But, then again, he really doesn't care what movie we see if he has lots of buttery popcorn, and an ice cold coke. Mmmm... there is nothing better than that! After the movie, we went to eat dinner at Outback, but we left as soon as we could, because we missed our little girl!! We picked Aubrey up, and then headed home for bath and bed time. I love Aubrey's bath time. I think it's my favorite part of the day with her... maybe it's the yummy smelling baby soap... or the cozy footie pajamas. Who knows! Late Friday night, Allison and Justin rolled in from Ft. Worth to spend the weekend with us. We chatted for just a bit, and then it was off to bed!

Saturday morning I woke up and promptly made very strong coffee and some breakfast! It's amazing how the smell of coffee and bacon draws people from the far corners of your home! I had a blast chatting with Allison in our p.j.s! I miss her so very much! She has been my best friend for so long. She was my maid of honor and I certainly would still pick her if I was just now getting married! All of the pictures I ordered came in the mail Sat. morning, so that afternoon, she and I ran to Hobby Lobby to pick up some frames! So fun. Saturday night was Jon's suprise birthday party where we got to see lots of our BFF's! There were so many people there, that we didn't really get to talk to everyone... but we had a blast with the people at our table! Happy Birthday Jon! Oh... and they had the best cupcakes EVER. Sara... where on earth did those come from... I must know!

T-Dodds and BFF Jeffrey
Craig (he was eating bread), Luker, and Lee Lee
Allison and Me
Justin and Allison
Aubrey Grace and her bow.
Uncle Jeff and Aubrey... AW!

Last night, was our church's 10th anniversary celebration. I basically bawled through the whole thing just remembering all that the Lord has done. I feel so thankful and blessed to be apart. I "grew up" there, got married there, and have learned so much about being a Christ-follower there! It was a perfect night!

Well... I will spare you all for now. You might need a nap now, which is fine... I might need a nap now too!

Love you to bits and pieces!
Bails

Comments

The Roberts' said…
did they have any kind of video or something for the 10 yr celebration? i want to see a visual if i can! i wish i had been there!
Molly Swanson said…
Praying for you guys and love y'all so much! Hang in there! God is using y'all to show us He is faithful and trustworthy. happy tuesday Bails!
The Dodds said…
Court... They actually showed one of the old old videos when we were about to start building the sanctuary... you were totally in it. Walking to find a seat with Robin at Abell!! But other than that... no video!

Thanks Mollo!
Anonymous said…
ok, I'm being obedient and commenting!
black pants blog was hilarious
I had some huge green pants forever because they were oh so comfortable in and out of pregnancy,
I haven't worn them for years, but not sure if I actually got rid of them or not.
I'm so hoping when Aubrey comes to the nursery that I get to hold her.
I like coffee, but with cream and sugar, will that exclude me?
PRT - "Melinda's biggest fan"
The Dodds said…
P!!!! You should pull those green pants out! I have your maternity clothes by the way i need to get back to you! Aubrey will be in the nursery on Sunday!! And coffee with cream and sugar totally counts! Sometimes I have cream and sugar! I think it's yummy!

Popular Posts