Thoughts on Vacation...

Tyler and I have learned one thing for certain. I think I may have mentioned this before. Vacations for us are better spent at home... Cuddled on the couch in our pjs with a mug of steaming hot coffee. Traveling is something we do on a consistent basis... the goal being to spread the gospel and lead the Saints in worship, so being home with nothing to do is like a dream. Now maybe if I were lying on a beach somewhere I'd feel differently... but well...

My vacation time was incredibly restful... and yet, I wish I would have rested even more than I did. Friday night we had friends over for another Fabulous Fiesta Friday celebration! It was a blast. It was my turn to pick the movie so I suprised everyone with one of my favorites... "The Count of Monte Cristo." Gracious, I love that movie! Saturday, Tyler had to work on some web design projects... he's taken on some extra work this month. It's not so much fun for him, but I appreciate his hard work so much. His endeavors to provide for our family do not go unnoticed. Sautrday was a rainy and lazy day for me. I did make supper though, and that evening we cuddled on the couch and watched a couple of movies. While I was getting ready for bed, my cell phone rang and it was my BFF Lee calling to tell me that Luke (finally) proposed!!!! I was ECSTATIC!! January 3rd (the wedding day) will be here before we know it! Church was amazing on Sunday. Patrick's sermon was very strong. I highly recommend you listen to the sermons from last week and this week and the weeks to come. We have been trekking through 1 Corinthians as a church body, and right now we are in Chapter 7... the one about love, marriage, seperation, remarriage. Hard topics. Sunday after church, we hurried home to prepare a huge fajita lunch for the team that Tyler is traveling to Budapest, Hungary with. I was thrilled to be able to sit in on their meeting and pray with and over them. It made me feel so apart of what they are doing. Yesterday, Tyler woke me up at 9:30 saying that he made me breakfast. I was thrilled, because breakfast is my FAVORITE! He made scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, and even attempted Cook Cook's homemade biscuits. He did a fantastic job... my hero. I was hoping to go back to sleep after that, but after a cup of yummy coffee out of my favorite Ft. Worth mug, I was wired. I read for a long time, and then decided to take on a project organizing our receipts for taxes. Basically, I'm crazy. We have hundreds of receipts from our travels, but I'm glad I decided to organize them, and did not wait until December 31st! I think I have us down to a system now. We'll see.

The coffee at our house has been especially wonderful these past few days! Tyler discovered that if you move the grinder dial one notch past "12 cups" that it makes a PERFECT pot. Yes... our pot only holds 10 cups max... but Tyler is a genius when it comes to brewing coffee. We like it strong.

I hope you enjoyed Tyler's post! Surely he will post again and again... isn't he hilarious!? We have so much fun together.

Love you all!

Comments

Molly Swanson said…
yay!!! how wonderful to rest! you are so amazing you sweet girl!

Popular Posts