It might just be.. the prettiest thing that you'll ever see...

Preface:
Several years ago, our pastor Patrick did a sermon that I'll never forget about how people worship God individually in many different ways. Some worship best through indepth Bible Study, while others are drawn to witness and experience God's creation. There were others... forgive me for not remembering exactly. We should be well-rounded, if you will, in our worship. But God has blessed us with different personalities... so our individual worship is not and should not look the same as anyone else's. This is one of the things I love most about the way the Lord created us. I am an indepth study girl... I love God's Word. But I'm also a girl who loves... and I mean loves... to witness God's majesty through His creation. You could say it "moves" me. One of the first times I experienced this was several years ago at Rocky Mountain National Park. Tyler had lead worship at a camp in Estes Park and we decided to drive through the park on our way home. Best decision ever. We arrived at the top and of course HAD to get out of the car. The sight was breathtaking... Larger than life black/purple snow capped mountains loomed out and over us. I stood on the edge and looked out and up to see a few snowflakes fall and melt on my cheeks. That was about the time that I started bawling like a baby. I felt so near to the one who molded those perfect mountains and opened the heavens to allow that snow to fall and touch my face. Praise You Lord.

My Morning:
And what a lovely morning it was. I walked outside to my car... coffee in hand with homemade vanilla creamer mixed in (by the way, I will post this recipe later... yum-o... every coffee lover must try it). The sunrise was amazing... pinkish-purple rays fell all around me. Pink sunrises/sunsets are my favorite. Robbie Seay's song "A New Day" was playing through my head. I got into my car and headed to work in Odessa. That's when I noticed the huge black, ominous looking storm clouds sitting over Odessa. I was going to drive right into a big thunderstorm. Then the lightening show began. I had to turn the music off, because nothing could compare to the symphony of lights I was witnessing right before my eyes. The sun was rising behind me, but it seemed as if it were still dark night in front of me. I was between sun and storm. I was enthralled at the beauty. I eventually drove into the pounding rain and loud thunder, but for a moment I was able to stand (or sit rather in my car) in awe of the Lord.

I hope that all of my blogging friends have a wonderful Monday...

Comments

Molly Swanson said…
Gods amazing artistry is breath taking!!! What a gift that special moment was for you. HOw are you?

Popular Posts