A Day Without Coffee


Hello... my name is... is... is...

What is my name? Someone please help because I've lost it along with all of my wits and patience today.

TDodds thought that this would be a good week to do a "cleanse." I'm sorry to talk about this y'all, but it is what it is! We try to do one about once a year, and it's always totally worth it. I'm always on board and excited and totally supportive. We actually don't start until tomorrow but I decided that today I might want to take it easy and ease myself into this so called "cleanse."

So being the rule follower that I am, I decided to pass on my morning cup of coffee (more like two or three). By 9 o'clock I had a splitting headache. By 10 o'clock I thought I was going to burst into tears for no reason. By 11 o'clock I just wanted to curl up and sleep. All I could think about was soft down comforters and fuzzy socks. A problem for a girl who just had to get some things done! Aubrey was at parent's day out which was certainly a blessing, but I still had things to do.

Somehow me and my muddy brain trudged through the morning and into the early afternoon until it was time to pick up Aubrey. The muddled brain and I drove to the church where Aubrey is schooled and by God's grace made it back to the car. Aubrey was in a fabulous mood... so excited about life... so I thought maybe we both needed a treat.

I drove to a little shop and purchased yummy fruit smoothies for both of us. I told Aubrey it was ice cream... she had no idea she was having blueberries and pomegranates - wonderful antioxidants! I say that, so I can feel better about what's to come. The antioxidants were my shining moment of the day.

We buckled in the car and were tootling home when from the back seat I hear a soft, "oh no ice cream... ohhhhh my goodness.... ice cream what are you doing... uh oh." I mean so soft that I could barely hear her. Almost as if she were trying to convince the "ice cream" to do something that clearly it did not want to do. I look into my rearview mirror in time to see all of the antioxidants spilling out of the bottom of the cup all over the back seat of my car and ALL OVER (It's in caps so you can see how serious I am) Aubrey. Dark plum colored smoothie... everywhere. Somehow she had poked a whole in the bottom of her cup.

I pulled the car over and much to her dismay, pried the smoothie with antioxidants out of Aubrey's hands... then we drove the rest of the way home. There was nothing I could do to clean it up on the side of the road, so we just rolled with it. Literally. Oh dear.

When we arrived home, I stripped Aubrey down to her diaper in the driveway and then tried to clean up the car the best I could. I know it could be much worse, so please don't roll your eyes, but it was a nightmare!

If I'd let myself have a cup of coffee... I would have felt like taking pictures of the ordeal. If I'd let myself have a cup of coffee... the ordeal never would have happened.

And I still have a headache.

Love you all to pieces!
Bails

Comments

DGray said…
Maybe you should've started with just a half cup today. HA!
The Roberts' said…
This reminds me of the cleanse conversation we had in Fort Worth a few years ago... eww!
The Dodds said…
BAHAHAHA Courtney I totally remember that!!

I know Donna... I have a bad attitude about the whole ordeal now!!

Popular Posts