The official blog entry about the move...

I thought I'd describe today in detail all about how our move went for those who are sitting on pins and needles!

Last Wednesday Tyler worked so very hard with one of his best pals Luke to take as many boxes to the new house before "the big move" that evening. They made 5 or 6 trips with the Excursion packed to the brim. That's a lot of moving for two people! They accomplished so much and I was so proud!

I arrived home from work at about 5:30 to find my brothers (Caleb and Travis), and another best pal Jeff sitting in the living room of our old house ready to help us! I changed my clothes, and then Tyler arrived home with a humongous (sp?) covered trailor that a friend let us borrow. Thank the Lord it was covered because it was about that time that it started POURING rain. The sideways kind of rain. The kind of rain that rarely falls in West Texas. Why the Lord chose that exact moment to pour out His blessing I do not know... but He did. While it was raining, people started gathering to help us. Friends from church and a lot of the Stonegators (our church's motorcycle club that my dad is heavily involved in...LOVE IT!) came to join in the fun. Still raining. The Thachers... my heros also came by and Priscilla brought us some snacks including (get ready y'all) homemade crescent rolls and pigs-in-the-blankets. To die for. And it was still raining.

The rest of the evening is a bit of a blur. But a total of about 30... THIRTY... friends came to help us move. In the rain. Everything was wet... and everyone was exhausted. But we got it done, and it did stop raining at some point, but I just can't remember when. A couple of ladies and my BFF Lee basically unpacked my whole kitchen for me.

We were shocked by the support of our friends and so thankful for the body of Christ. Helping each other out. Tyler and I can't wait until one of our friends happens to move so that we can help!

We love our house!

We have been living there for exactly one week... Praise the Lord!

We have been working like crazy people trying to get some things done before some friends come to stay with us this weekend for Rock the Desert. Tyler is the hardest worker EVER, and I am so thankful for him.

This move has been exhausting, especially for Tyler, but it's been a joyous time. I still can't believe we own our own house!!! I'm waiting to post pictures after we are done painting... we start today, so stay tuned!!

Comments

The Roberts' said…
yay! i am staying tuned!
Molly Swanson said…
AMAZING!!! I can't wait to see you and see your new place!!!
amy said…
Could you post some pics of the mirror wall before it goes away?! :)

Popular Posts