Lots of updates... so little time...

JUST KIDDING!! I'm on vacation this week... PRAISE THE LORD!!

Tyler had a concert last Thursday in Dallas... apparently it was amazing. I wasn't able to go with him. But here is a photo just to give you a taste of how wonderful it was!

Ummm... did I hear someone say Rock Star!? Yes, I thought so...

I just learned of a new ministry that I'm thrilled about! http://www.ryfo.org/main.htm. It's a ministry that has committed to pray and support traveling musicians! That's amazing. Praise the Lord that we have an incredibly supportive church. However, it's an amazing thought that someone can "adopt" the Tyler Dodds' Band to commit to pray for them! Awesome!

I'm ecstatic about my week off. I don't even know what to do with myself. I know I will spend a major portion preparing lesson plans and things to start teaching voice lessons September the 5th. Have I told y'all that yet!? Oh yes... I'm going to start teaching voice lessons. On September the 5th. Eventually the goal is to have enough students so that I can quit my job, and then do that full time. Which would be so much more flexible, and I wouldn't have to work as many hours, so that I would have more time to work on Tyler's ministry related things. The Lord has been so gracious to me. So gracious. I'm going to be teaching at a school here in town called Milestone Music. It's a modern music school owned by a couple of dear friends. They also teach guitar, bass, and drums. I am just beside myself with gratitude and excitement!

Today is the first day of school, and with it comes this feeling that I can't quite explain. Does anyone know what I'm talking about!? I can just remember the days of sharp pencils, clean notebook paper, and fresh notebooks. The excitement and worry over if my schedule would be good or bad, will I get a bottom or a top locker, will my teachers be nice or mean, is 5 minutes going to be enough time to get to my next class and be able to chat with my friends!? Some of my dear friends have moved on to become teachers. What a switch! I'm praying for you all today, as I know some of you are teaching for the very first time in your lives. Your very own classroom, your very own students, and access to the teacher's lounge! Wow. You have arrived! Blessings to you on your first day.

I think I need to go buy some school supplies...
Love you all!

Comments

The Roberts' said…
i REALLY miss buying school supplies. the past couple of weeks i have been buying stuff for my home office, & it has been really hard not to just buy all the cutest post-its (i dont think the church would support/reimburse my post-it obsession). i miss the smell of new binders....
Molly Swanson said…
This is the first fall in my whole life not to be in school...totally wacky. I want to new school clothes and fresh crayons :)

Popular Posts