Our Trip to Acuna...

Was so good. I have so many stories and I can not even begin to write about them all. The pictures tell the stories so I'll be sure and post some of those soon. Most of them are on Tyler's IPhone and he is in Abilene recording guitar for a new project. Plus, I think I need a few more days to recover from my broken heart. Or maybe I don't need to recover. I have been to Mexico several times on "mission" trips but this is the first one that broke my heart and humbled me beyond words. This is the first one that actually was a mission! We experienced both opposition and victory. This trip reminded me of what the wonderful Amy Carmichal said... "Mission work is NOT glamorous." Boy don't we know it.

I came away from this trip feeling so convicted over my worry, stress, and extreme excitement over my new house. I'm thankful for the house, and I'm not saying that we shouldn't be excited over blessings from the Lord. But sadly, thoughts of the house controlled me. I was stressed almost to the point of physical illness. I'm sure I'm the only one in the world who has ever let materialism control their thoughts. These past few days, I have really had to fight to take my thoughts captive and place them under the authority of Christ. I have to keep reminding myself... it's just a house. It's a lovely one and we can still be excited... but it's just a house.

Speaking of houses... I think I left a candle burning at home this morning. I can't remember if I blew it out or not before I left for work. I can think of little else at this point. I keep imagining driving down my street and seeing plumes of smoke escaping from our windows. I can't leave work for another hour and a half! And like previously stated... Tyler is in Abilene.

At least our house will smell REALLY good... if it doesn't catch on fire.

Comments

Popular Posts