Encouragement from Ezekiel 11

This came from the lips of the Lord right after major desolation to the house of Israel. The people were fearing war with other nations, but because of their sin, the Lord wanted to declare war on them Himself! While Ezekiel was prophesying these things... Peletiah son of Beniah (a leader of the people) dropped dead. Ezekiel fell on his face and prayed "loudly"... "O Master, God! Will you completely wipe out what's left of Israel?" (v.13)

I love the kindness of the Lord in His response...

"The answer from God came back:" (v14)

"Well, tell them this: 'This is your Message from God, the Master. True, I sent you to the far country and scattered you through other lands. All the same, I've provided you a temporary sanctuary in the countries where you've gone. I will gather you back from those countries and lands where you've been scattered and give you back the land of Israel. I'll give you a new heart. I'll put a new spirit in you. I'll cut out your stone heart and replace it with a red-blooded, firm-muscled heart. Then you'll obey my statutes and be careful to obey my commands. You'll be my people! I'll be your God!'" (v. 16-20)

Isn't the kindness of the Lord so evident in the fact that even though we may be in bondage to something... He provides a temporary sanctuary for us. Not the haven and rest we would find if we were free... but just a glimpse. Enough to spur us on to freedom!

I hope this encourages you today... No matter the discipline we are to receive for disobedience. He loves us. We are HIS people, and He is OUR God! He will gather us up and place us back into His promised place for us. All that is expected of us is REPENTANCE!

Love you all...

By the way, moving went better than expected... I'm overwhelmed... but clining to Jesus today. I'll post more on our move sometime very soon.

Comments

Popular Posts