ESCAPE...

Ok, so I just finished the book ESCAPE by Carolyn Jessop yesterday afternoon. It is a must read, especially if like me, you are really intrigued by the beliefs of the FLDS (that is the Fundamentalist Church of Latter Day Saints) cult that was raided in Eldorado, TX. I could hardly put the book down! Carolyn Jessop is a woman who escaped this cult a couple of years ago. Her story is AMAZING... the abuse she endured at the hands of the "religious" is almost unbelievable. She became the 3rd wife of a man almost 30 years her senior at the age of 18 (that is so frightening to think about!), and then had 8 children in 15 years. She is so brave! She is the only woman ever to escape from the cult and then win full custody of her children. What a victory!

This book made me very very thankful, in many many ways... For my relationship with Jesus... my lover and friend. And for my caring and adoring husband.

Love to you all!
Me

Comments

Molly Swanson said…
That sounds like a really cool book! your review definetely makes me want to read it! I had many questions about that and I bet there's no better answers than from someone who lived it! wow.

Popular Posts